At Bethesda Back Center Chiropractic Office we want our patients to be well informaed about muscle, bone, joint and connective tissues, because we feel that informed patients make better decisions about their health and wellbeing. This website has an entire library of topics regarding chiropractic care as well as research articles on the benefits of chiropractic care. We encourage you to read these at your convenience.
A neurological examination is sometimes performed to determine if any part of your body has incurred damage to its central nervous system. Many health problems have been associated with nerve damage, and such, this exam can significantly improve the chances of making a thorough diagnosis.
A neurological exam involves a thorough exploration of the body's arms, legs, and trunk.
If you have a neurological exam, your chiropractor may look for signs of:
- Bowel or bladder problems.
- Gait problems (walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.).
- Muscle spasms or twitching.
- Numbness, tingling, or pain and whether changing positions relieves those symptoms.
- Problems with balance.
- Weakened muscle strength and tone.
- Weakened reflexes (a sign of possible damage to the spinal cord, nerves, or muscles.
- Weakness (consistent or intermittent) in your arms or legs.